Sunday, January 03, 2010

Traditional Autumn Reception at The Comus Inn




Warm tones for an Autumn wedding at The Comus Inn. At a wedding where the ceremony is in the same space as where the reception will be, the guests typically go to another location for cocktail hour while the area is "flipped". For me that means I'm on site from the time the bouquets are delivered till it's time to help flip the space for the reception. The plus is that it gives me an excuse to stay and watch the ceremony from an out of the way spot, usually where the centerpieces are being held in a holding pattern. I think I will always remember this ceremony because after the vows were exchanged and they were announced as a couple, the song by U-2, "It's a Beautiful Day" was played while they walked back down the aisle. Nice touch Julie!

No comments: